Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Sunny Side of the Street

I'm still thrilled that the medicine is really helping and I feel like myself again.

This past week was a little challenging because I have a cold and sinus infection. I had to call John home early from work one day. It felt reminiscent of the "dark time" but I'm glad I was able to ask for help. And even more thankful that it really was just the sickness and not the feelings of depression coming back. I just got medicine for the sinus infection today and I'm imagining how great I will feel when I'm over that. Yeah!

Plus, things are picking up again as I start up MOPS again every other Wednesday and I'm going to start working more and we're starting a music class on Monday afternoons. I'm really happy for all of the activity and change. I feel like I've come out of a hibernation and feeling the warm sunshine on my face.

I'm going to be talking (briefly) tomorrow at our MOPS meeting about postpartum depression. I'm really excited to do it because I really hope it might help someone there in the room or even a friend of theirs down the road. It just feels like a miracle how different I feel from even three weeks ago. Praise God for His grace and steadfast love to me!

No comments: