Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Decade

This weekend is John and my 10-year wedding anniversary. A decade. And I couldn't have asked for anything more in those 10 years. Every year I have a companion who is more and more the person I love the most and the one who loves me most. Not only have we learned more about each other over the years, we still really like each other in spite of that. Smile. No, seriously, I feel so blessed to have someone who loves me in all my weakness (and strength). John inspires me to the be the best version of myself, although I'm still not converted to a morning person. (Sorry, hon.)

We are going away this weekend on a mini-break, leaving Baby Z behind with grandparents. I'm so excited to have so much time with John without distractions. I'm also very excited about eating meals at a leisurely pace and not thinking about getting home by the next nap time. We are going to go surfing, rent bicycles, eat well and take naps. All of this with my favorite person in the whole world.

No comments: