Wednesday, August 25, 2010

OK

Wow, it's been a while. I guess things have been busy. Since I wrote last I've been feeling better. Still some valleys here and there, but not like that weekend, thankfully. Some time away and a change of scene have helped.

I went on a girls' getaway weekend with some friends two weekends ago. They are more recent friends so I was looking forward to getting to know them better. It was a really great weekend with lots of good conversation and some alone time for me. I found it easy to do my own thing and they were all understanding. And I knew from previous weekend trips going all the way back to high school that I would need that alone time or I would get really crabby by Sunday. I really enjoyed it and felt refreshed coming back to my family on Sunday night.

Then, this last weekend, we took our first family trip since Harper was born. John, Z, Harper, my Mom and I all hopped on a plane and flew to Oklahoma for my grandmother's 90th birthday. We left on Thursday and came back on Monday. It all went very well, but it was pretty exhausting. Staying in one room with your children is not the easiest thing. The kids did really well and did sleep but just not exactly when I wanted them to. Harper took one nap with her head down on the shopping cart handle at Walmart. Z took one nap sitting in a swing.* It was a good learning experience for how we might want to structure a vacation in the future. And it was so worth it to be there for my grandmother, who is just as feisty now as she always was and ended her party with a ride on the back of a motorcycle.*

*Pictures below to prove it.

It was really hot and he just conked out. I was able to move him to the stroller and he slept inside for a while.


She's on the back in the pink t-shirt.

No comments: