Monday, February 11, 2008

Honorable Mention

I forgot to mention that two weeks ago Baby Z took his first steps. It was a little anti-climatic. You can probably tell. He let go of my pant leg and took a couple steps then fell down to his knees and continued walking (that is his current favorite mode of transportation- shuffling along on his knees). John and I did give him a "good job" and a round of applause. But I guess I didn't think about that counting as his first steps. Perhaps I was waiting for him to walk from one object to another. Or maybe I expected him to suddenly cross the room reciting the presidents in reverse order.

Could it be that I already have unrealistically high expectations for my little dude? Well, after my Mom informed me that those few steps were indeed his "first steps," I accept Baby Z's achievement and really, sincerely applaud it. I will duly record it in his baby book.

No comments: