Saturday, September 1, 2007

Milestones Two--oof

Just as I started to admire Baby Z's delicate little toofies on the bottom, out come two teeth on the TOP! Wow! They just pop up one day-- just like that. As much as his little bottom teeth added an adorable impishness to his smile, I'm afraid these new top teeth are going to give him the look of a hill-billy ready to eat some corn. No, seriously... they are really big! My husband, John, has pretty big teeth and we used to joke that if the baby got his teeth and my little mouth, then we'd be in trouble. Hopefully Baby Z's mouth is big enough, because he's got a couple of snowy boulders on the rise!

And, as Vaguely Urban commented, the teeth could be prime motivation to stop nursing. Ta da! I nursed for the last time (with Baby Z) on Monday. I'm now on day 5 of slightly sore boobs, but it's getting better. It seems nature was producing more on the left, so I'm slightly lopsided for now. Hee. I'm sure it will go back to normal (whatever boobs-post-baby look like, that is). Well, before I branch off into a discussion sure to scare my yet-to-have-children friends, I'll sign off.

Happy weekend, everyone.

No comments: