Sunday, March 16, 2008

Trippin'

Sorry I haven't written much lately. We've been busy with birthday celebrations and new baby welcomings.

John and I dropped Baby Z off at the grandparents and motored out to Las Vegas to celebrate the big 3-0 of our friend. Although we couldn't stay for what looked like the serious partying on Saturday night, we had our fill of relaxation, good food and awesome friends in a mere 24 hour period.

I already wrote about Baby P. Just a few days later, beautiful little Baby Lila was also born. She is oh so precious. I must get a picture of her so you can sigh and want one of your own. Congratulations to E & L!

Now, we're preparing for another trip. John's grandfather passed away, so we are leaving tomorrow for San Antonio. Although it is a sad occasion, I'm looking forward to meeting some of John's family. I'm especially excited for them all to meet Baby Z. That said....I'm pretty nervous about the whole travel experience. I'm making lists like I have OCD. I'm thinking of every possible snacky-goody that could keep Baby Z content. I've got books and toys and baby tylenol. I'm running through contingency plans (what if the pack-n-play doesn't make it to baggage claim?). I've googled advice for traveling with children. I've read the TSA recommendations over and over.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Whenever I've been worried about how Baby Z was going to handle something, he has blown me away with his grace under pressure and good-natured resiliency. So, once I finish checking off my lists, I'm going to try really hard to learn from my child: just relax and go with the flow.

No comments: