Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It's Not an Alien

Had my first ultrasound of baby number two today. It was very reassuring to see the little one moving around in there and his/her heart beating. Of course every logical thought tells me I'm pregnant, but, I sure like some proof. I know, what did I think it was? An alien? Well, it might look a little like an alien at only 2 inches big, but it's a baby. (The technician assured me of that. Smile.)
Remembering back to my experiences last time with Baby Z, it rekindled in me the joy of having a child, instead of just thinking about how sick I feel. There isn't the same euphoria this time as with Baby Z, but there is a reassuring regularity of everything. Oh yeah, I remember my hips hurting last time. Oh yeah, the baby moves around in there but I can't feel it yet. Oh yeah, there will be a time where I feel better and it's actually kind of fun to be pregnant.
So, thank you B.N.T. (Baby Number Two) for the encouraging wiggles and flips today. We've got a ways to go, but I'm looking forward to meeting you. I'll do my best to fatten you up before then. :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

glad things are going well! post a picture when you can of baby #2!