Monday, October 6, 2008

Basking in the Girl Glow

It's amazing how much peace and settling came with finding out we're having a girl. I'm SO EXTREMELY thankful. It really was my heart's desire and I prayed for it. Of course, God absolutely owes me nothing, so I was setting myself up to be thankful for God's plans for our family, no matter what they were. And now, I'm just so thankful for God's blessing to me (and of course John and Baby Z, although they didn't have as strong as a preference).

Now that I know there's a Baby Girl (no longer BNT) in there, I'm feeling that special connectedness I had with Baby Z. Those private moments when she wiggles around and no one knows except me and her. I call her Baby Girl and think about all of the important things I need to teach her, just like my Mom taught me. I think about whether she'll be a little tom-boyish (like I was) or a girly-girl. I wonder if she'll be adventurous and if she'll like books. Will she look more like John than Baby Z does? Will she get my green eyes? So far, the ultrasound shows an upper lip just like Baby Z (and me) but with a little more of a button nose than Baby Z had in his ultrasounds.

The biggest thing, though, is will she turn out to be a woman of the Lord who is my daughter and also a friend? My Mom is definitely my friend now and I dream of having that with my daughter one day. It makes me tear up just to say "my daughter." (But, wow, these girly hormones really are something. Smile. At least I'm not having to contain rages leaning toward physical violence like I was when I carried Baby Z. No wonder men are crazy with all that testosterone swimming around. Hee.)

Anyway, praise God for His goodness. And thank you all for your nice comments and well-wishing.

No comments: