Tuesday, November 11, 2008

33

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a very good day - the perfect mix of time with Baby Z, time by myself (a little shopping), time with a close friend and, finally, dinner with my husband. All my friends and family made me feel loved and appreciated. Even Baby Z was a little more mellow than usual (unfortunately, because of a cold) and we spent time sitting on Mama and Dada's bed reading books.

Perhaps because yesterday was so great, today is hard. Baby Z is cranky because of his cold. He also didn't take a long nap, so I'm delaying the inevitable at the moment- when I go get him and then I spend the rest of the day trying to keep him occupied and dealing with tantrums. I hate colds. It's hard to find the right balance between keeping up our standard for behavior while allowing for some grace because he doesn't feel well. Everyone is crabby when they're sick. I know I am, for sure.

Well, anyway, I mostly wanted to write to tell everyone how thankful I am for the awesome birthday. I am so richly blessed to have such loving family and friends.

Off to get the dude. He is especially pitiful with his hoarse little crying voice. Sigh.

No comments: