Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Enjoying the One-Child Moment

I got some good advice from a friend recently who reminded me that I should enjoy the time I have left when it is just Baby Z and me. It really put things in perspective that the one-child phase of my life will soon be over. Wasn't I just thinking about the no-child phase being over?
So, I started a list of things I want to do with Baby Z before February. Some are things we've done before and some will be new. Here's a start:
  • Children's train ride at local park
  • Bike ride
  • Another petting zoo
  • Beach (maybe Dog Beach?)
  • Fingerpaint (I got some for his birthday)
  • Fly a kite
  • Visit babies in the hospital (prep for when our baby girl comes)
  • Storytime at the library
  • Start timeouts
  • Go on walks with Baby Z on a tricycle (we want to get him one for Christmas)
  • Teach Baby Z to jump (he's almost there!)
  • Play with flashlights on Mom & Dad's bed
  • Read one more book when Baby Z asks

Not to say that I can't do these things after Baby Girl comes, but I do want to cherish the moments we have together now. Before I know it Baby Z will be BBZ (Big Brother/Boy Z).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A precious moment in my life...I wept when I came home from the hospital with CJ because my little boy was so big running through our house with excitement. At that moment I knew those "one-child" moments were gone; so very bittersweet. -Mrs PJ