Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Birthday Boy

The day is finally here! Baby Z is TWO YEARS OLD! I will officially transition to using "Z" or "BBZ" (Big Boy/ Big Brother Z) as his moniker.
I took this picture yesterday with a new t-shirt he got from Uncle and Auntie M. I asked if I could take his picture on the front porch, thinking he would just stand there. He plopped himself down on the step and gave me a nice smile. Sometimes this kid can just melt me into a pool with his sweetness.

We got a few books from the library about birthdays, so I think he kind of gets that it's a special day, but I think it will sink in more when we have family over on Friday night.
I had my usual MOPS meeting this morning so we will really start celebrating this afternoon. Although, his babysitter, Miss Sarah, takes him around to see trash cans, so that's a celebration already! This afternoon we're going to try finger painting for the first time. I got him the paints and a big paper pad for his birthday, but the real gift is me getting over my aversion to mess and letting him do it.

For dinner, we are going to have pancakes. I think it may be a tradition for us to have breakfast for dinner for birthdays. Unless Z turns out to be more of a steak guy or something and then I guess we'll go with whatever he wants. But who doesn't love breakfast for dinner?
This picture says it all:


Happy Birthday to my special little guy!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

so cute! glad you had such a lovely day with bbz.