Monday, September 22, 2008

Return to MOPS

This week I'm starting up with MOPS (Mothers of Pre Schoolers) group again. I joined last year at this time, when Baby Z was almost a year. It was such a blessing to find other Moms to talk to and have an opportunity to get out of the house with daycare regularly (twice a month). This year, the MOPS group I attend was so popular that I'm on the waiting list for childcare. That is, they don't have enough room for all the kids, but I can come if I find my own childcare. I didn't realize how much MOPS meant to me until I faced the possibility of not having it.

This happened to work out nicely with another plan I was considering: getting a babysitter each week so I could work a little more (get out of the house, change of pace, etc.). So, we've worked it out where I have a babysitter (who God sovereignly provided!) every Wednesday morning. One Wednesday I go to MOPS, the next I go to work. The work day helps pay for the babysitting and we get a little extra cash too. I am extremely thankful for my flexible job and the opportunity to switch things up a little. Before too long I'll have BNT (Lord willing) to take care of and I'll be landlocked for a while. I'm going to enjoy these extra outings while I can.

For those who've never heard of MOPS, check it out. Local churches host a MOPS group and they're open to everyone. The one I go to is at a local church where some friends go (not my own church). It is a Christian based organization, and you'll find most of the ladies are Christians who attend, but it is by no means a requirement to be one. There's food, a speaker (on a variety of topics from gardening to ideas for keeping up your relationship with your husband), and usually a craft. We are organized in groups that we stay with for a semester so there is time to get to know people; and the discussion topics get you rolling on a real level, so it doesn't stay chit-chatty the entire time. It's perfect for me, an introvert who prefers smaller groups of people.

Anyway, I'm excited to start my new Wednesdays. Baby Z gets to play with Miss Sarah and I get some time away. Yeah!

2 comments:

Mike Gregg said...

so glad that you were able to work this out. enjoy!

Mike Gregg said...

uh...apparently i am logged on as mike. this is overthinker leaving comments. :)