Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday, My Dear Friend

Monday, when did you get so fair
I love you now when you used to wear
We stay at home, clean, nap and play
Sometimes I wish you would just stay

But Tuesdays are good for getting out
It's time for a change or Baby Z starts to pout
We go to the store, library and usually the park
We are both pretty tired by the time it gets dark

Oh, Wednesday....you day of the hump
You really are quite a bump
Searching for something different to do
How many times can you read Mr. Brown Can Moo

By Thursday, we're thinking of the weekend
It's time for a visit to do-dee-do, Baby Z's first friend
We head on over to Grammy's and play around the pool
Baby Z starts to get naughty and break lots of rules

Friday, a sweet friend of a time mostly gone
The one who knew me before I was a Mom
I dress up and roll my computer into work
A break for me and Baby Z: definitely a perk

Saturday and Sunday, a pair not unlike Janus
Sometimes with gales of laughter you fan us
Other times it can be simply a matter of survival
When chores, busy schedules and arguments stifle

But no matter what each weekday brings
The days that cry and the days that sing
I want to be thankful for each day's beginning and end
But I'm sure happy to see my fair Monday again

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed reading your poem...reminded me of the old days when I read from my Norton's Anthology of English Literature while sipping a latte at Kerkhoff's. --A.M.

Michelle said...

your handling of the english language makes me envious.

Unknown said...

I've been singing this in my head to the tune of "Friday I'm In Love"