Thursday, July 30, 2009

Congrajuashons

Today was Z's very last day of speech therapy play group. He graduated!! They do a re-evaluation after 5-6 months to see if the child needs to continue and he didn't! I am so thrilled at his ENORMOUS progress in speaking. I think back to where we were when we started and I'm blown away at how quickly he has learned so much. When we started he said a handful of two-word phrases and a few three-word phrases. Now, he is talking in full sentences all the time. He uses prepositions! He repeats things he hears (including an especially hilarious- "darn"). He "reads" books to himself. He is a full-blown talking toddler!

So in honor of Z's speaking Skeels, I'll just relate some of the more humorous things he has said.

> Drumming his fingers on his chin, as if stroking a beard: "Me finking sumping, Mama"
> Moon popped out, Mama!
> After I tell him one more minute before an activity ends, he says: "Mama, clock says five more minutes!"
> Me: "Are you finished (with a snack)?" Z: "Nope, steel eat-ing!"
> Five, Four, Free, Two, One....poockkk-chhh (Rocket taking off)
> Me: "Time for dinner! Come sit down." Z: "Me workeen sumping, Mama."

Congratulations, Z. I am so very proud of you.

Here's Z with a celebratory donut at Chit Chat Group today. He takes his pink icing seriously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Dara! I'm so glad that he's learned so much...God is so good! I love the phrases you shared - so precious! -Mrs. PJ

Demery said...

He is so totally and absolutely a big time talking toddler! I am so thrilled that the pros recognize what anyone can tell just by being around him for two minutes!
My fave quote? "Green....GO! Red... STOP! Green... GO! Red... STOP!"

And also - - The hair cut looks GREAT!