Thursday, February 19, 2009

Praise

Considering yesterday morning, when I broke down in tears (okay, sobs) because I couldn't get the coffee machine to work, I decided to focus my mind today on a Psalm.

It is good to praise the Lord
and make music to your name, O Most High,
to proclaim your love in the morning
and your faithfulness at night,
to the music of the ten-stringed lyre
and the melody of the harp.
Psalm 92:1-3

Harper literally means "one who plays the harp," but I'm thankful for a more inspirational translation I found in one book that said it meant "instrument of praise." I pray that her life is full of praise for the Lord and joy at His works. I also pray that she will be a reminder to me in these next few months when I feel like I'm losing my mind from sleep-deprivation, and, oh yeah, when the coffee machine doesn't work.

No comments: