Monday, February 23, 2009

Smothering Affection

Z has truly embraced his new role as a big brother. He is extremely affectionate with Harper and wants to kiss her and cuddle all the time. He isn't grasping the concept that resting his head (gigantic! compared to Harper) on Harper's little body is not a good idea.
But I am thankful that he is loving and not overtly jealous. We have seen an increase in whining and crying in the last few days. I'm thinking he's figured out this is the new way of life and is a little upset that he doesn't have Mom and Dad's complete attention all of the time. We are trying to be firm about no tantrums while also extending some grace that he is adjusting still. John is doing a fantastic job keeping Z very busy and Z is LOVING it. I have occasional moments of panic about how I'm going to manage when John is back to work. This week I'm going to start thinking through that and do some planning. I'll post on routines sometime soon.

Here is a picture of loving big brother and long-suffering baby sister:

1 comment:

Madelyn said...

Congratualtions. She's so beautiful and reminds me of Z. :) So sweet how he loves her too. Hope you're well and healing friend. Can't wait to meet your little lady soon.