Friday, January 29, 2010

Potty Training... Does It Ever End?

I've been thinking that there should be a t-shirt that says "I survived Potty Training." Really! Getting through potty training has to be at least as challenging as hiking Half Dome, right? But then I don't think any mom would know when they earned the t-shirt. When is potty training really done? Just when I think we're there, I'm cleaning up poop off the top of the swirly slide at the park. (Seriously- that was on Wednesday.) When I was joking about the t-shirt with another mom, she commented that by the time you know they're really potty trained, there is another list of things you've survived besides. So, maybe we need a fill in the blank kind of t-shirt with the phrase "I'm surviving _____ "

By the way, when Z finally unloaded the big poop he had been holding back for a few days (thus the accident at the park), he said: "Don't go on da slide! Dare's a poop dare!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously - no end to it! My 4 1/2 year old has been "trained" since August 2008 and we JUST stopped nighttime pull-ups a few weeks ago...then 2 nighttime accidents this week. If you get a group rate on t-shirts, I'll take a medium. ;-) Mrs. PJ