Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sanity Status

Things are moving along here. After the initial boost on the medicine I started to feel a little bit down again towards the end of the first week. The doctor started me on a week of 25mg and then switched me to 50mg after that. I think the higher dose has started to help again. This week has been challenging with lots of rain and lots of time inside, but I've been feeling okay. I haven't woken up feeling defeated or hopeless. I've been making the effort to plan things for Z to do inside and keep us all busy. Those are all good signs.
As for the plan, here is the status:
1. Vitamin supplement- I stopped it for now because I'm on the anti-depressant. Will keep it for use later on. Still think it helped.
2. Wean Harper- Done. Done. Done. Dropped a feeding at a time and have been off breast feeding for over a week. Harper was a little bothered by it, I think. Or, it could be teething. Who knows. Still having a hard time getting her to take the recommended number of ounces a day (24-32), but all I can do is keep trying. She has been waking up a little at night so I'm trying hard to just get her enough food.
3. Go to a counselor/therapist/psychologist- Finally have an appointment for this Saturday. What an ordeal trying to find someone. I kept waiting to see if I could get someone perhaps recommended by a friend and covered by our insurance. It felt weird to just pick a name on a list. In the end? I picked a name on the list. Oh well. We'll see how it goes.
4. See my doctor about my thyroid and hormones- Done. Thyroid fine. Anti-depressants prescribed.
5. Get regular babysitter so I have guaranteed time to myself at least once a week- Have this week covered. Trying out a new babysitter for long term duty.

Phew. That's about it.

No comments: