Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Note To Self

I've been meaning to write some words of encouragement for myself for the difficult times. I'm going to give these words to my husband so he knows what to say when I'm frustrated and upset.

> I know it's frustrating. It's hard to (fill in the situation).
> You are doing a really great job. Baby Z is healthy and growing.
> Remember all the things you've made it through already- going to sleep without crying when you put him down to sleep, sleeping through the night, giving up the pacifier.
> All those past things you worked through, your instinct was right -- you stuck with your decision (even when doubt started to creep in) to try something and it worked.
> You've seen over and over again how you and Baby Z worked through an issue and things got better. But it's never easy- this is just another thing you're working through.
> I know it feels like this stage is going to last forever- but it really won't. Usually when things get really hard and you hit a bottom, it turns around right after that.
> Remember how it feels to finally make a breakthrough and Baby Z is better off for it -- more content, eating better, less tired, easier to manage.
> You can do it! I am so proud of you!

No comments: