Thursday, July 12, 2007

Walking Among the Trees

Baby Z and I started a Infant Nature Explorers class yesterday. It's four weeks of walking around outside (with Baby Z in a carrier), looking at nature and singing songs about nature. Since Baby Z loves going for walks, I thought he would probably enjoy it. And I knew that I could use the push to get out and do something fun and maybe meet some other moms.

Our first class was a lot of fun. Baby Z smiled the entire time (so I was told, since I can't see his face while he's in the carrier). He actually giggled and laughed too. So, I'm excited to go back for the next few weeks and have fun with my little dude.

I was thinking about this class and other classes we've taken so far. I'm struck by how much of the class is just the stuff you would do with your child if you're out having fun exploring the world together. If you know "If You're Happy and You Know It," it will take you a long way towards learning something with a bit of song. It makes me feel good that every day I'm doing the types of things you could pay for a class to learn. So, I'm glad we've taken these classes and I don't mind the money we've spent on them (they are very inexpensive through the city's parks and recreation). But I admit that we pay for the class more to give us something to do around other kids and mothers. Maybe my next class should be "How To Meet Other Moms."
:)

No comments: