Wednesday, July 16, 2008

When Getting Off The Couch Is Too Much

Of course, after posting some inspiring words for myself yesterday, I proceeded to have one of the hardest days of early pregnancy so far. Besides feeling exhausted, I had bad stomach aches and pain all day. I think it was something I ate that turned especially nasty on the slow-moving intestines of a pregnant lady. (Sorry it that's too much information.)

I did a lot of laying on the couch and floor. I had Baby Z bring books to me on the couch. He would point to an object or animal and I would tell him what it was. I also put him in his crib early for his afternoon nap with some toys and he played pretty quietly for a while (a mighty work of God- let me tell you). Baby Z's getting early training now that I can't always come with him somewhere when he wants something. I want to tell him- just wait until your baby brother/sister gets here!

The apex of the day was when the tree-trimmer guy showed up and needed cash instead of check. The thought of packing up Baby Z into the car and simply going to a drive-thru ATM was too much. I called John sobbing. My amazing husband came home from work (with cash) and handled the tree-trimmer and I went to bed. He also took Baby Z outside and kept him occupied so that it would be quieter for me. I woke up feeling a little better and we made it through the rest of the day.

The stomach pain has passed so I'm back to being just tired and a little queasy. I guess the Lord showed me that it could be so much worse. So, I'm thankful for His "mighty works" in getting me through yesterday. And I'm thankful for the moderate fatigue and queasiness today. (Never thought I'd say that!)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

oh that does sound overwhelming. you are doing great though!! what a wonderful hubby....

ramona said...

congratulations on your new little one! Hang in there, it will get better. I know just how you feel :) Baby Z will do just fine if you hang out on the couch for a few days... or weeks :) Hope the suggestions i gave overthinker will help!