Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Top Ten Of Being Pregnant

I said in the past I would post sometime on what I like about being pregnant. This seems a good time to focus on the positive, so here it goes:

10. Pulling out a second wardrobe you haven't worn in years, or shopping for new clothes. Admittedly this gets old toward the end, but it's fun at first.
9. Using the pregnancy reason to get to the front of the line (once you're really showing). "Sorry, I really have to go; I'm pregnant, do you mind?" "Oh boy, I'm starving. I'm pregnant- do you mind if I jump to the front of this buffet line?"
8. Rubbing your belly (more in the third trimester time frame). It just feels good - to your belly and to your hand. There's so much comfort in round things.
7. Great hair (mine gets thicker and fuller) and nails (strong and grow like crazy).
6. Smooth skin. By far the best skin I ever have when I'm pregnant. And don't forget that "glow."
5. The occasional euphoria (at least I had it last time toward the end) and excitement of having a new person coming to your family.
4. Not having a period, including cramps, for 9 plus months.
3. Any of the special pampering afforded to a pregnant lady, from refilling your drink for you so you don't have to get up off the couch to taking care of chores or other kid(s) for you so you get a break.
2. Really enjoying food (after the first trimester).
1. Feeling like there is a special someone with you all the time that no one knows yet but you.

I would love to hear about others' top likes about being pregnant. I will refer back to this on the discouraging days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your #10 is my #1. It's this crazy bond I have to that little creature growing and swooshing around in my belly. I find myself talking to him/her constantly and I just smile because while everyone else may think I am crazy, I know I am talking to a very special person!

E

Anonymous said...

just realized I got your numbering system all messed up - so you can edit my comment!! E

Michelle said...

you have really listed all the best ones. but the pampering is really the best. i like going places knowing that it is not just me alone and that i have a "companion." it is like your own little fun secret (not so much of a secret at the end).

Oh, Cripe! said...

Up here in Seattle, I loved being warm during the winter! :)