Saturday, March 14, 2009

Comfort in Numbers

Harper had her one month checkup yesterday. I was shocked that she weighs 8 pounds, 14 ounces. That's almost nine pounds!! I thought she was doing well- eating well, gaining weight, etc. But hearing that number was like getting an A+ on my report card. There is something so reassuring about numbers. In parenting, there is rarely clear, objective feedback on your performance. Coming from a life of school and then the working world, it is hard to transition to motherhood where the most feedback you get in a week is a smile or a trip to the grocery store without tantrums.
So while numbers still mean something, before Harper is big enough for more complicated needs and feedback, I'm celebrating my chubby little girl (well, in the cheeks at least).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Outstanding D! Good job! She is beautiful. -Mrs. PJ