Tuesday, March 10, 2009

More Than Surviving

So far, so good. Day Two of Whole Week By Myself With Two Kids.

We went to Z's speech play group this morning and to the grocery store after. Tackling the grocery store with two kids feels like a major accomplishment. Yeah! I put Z in the play car in the front of the cart and Harper in her car seat up in the front seat of the cart. I felt like the super-size SUV of the aisles, but we managed.

Yesterday, John came home and said how proud he was of me. He said more words of praise at one time than I think he ever has. "I came home and you seemed fine! In fact, you seemed happy. It didn't seem like the day had defeated you." He said he was really proud of me and what a great Mom I am. It felt really good to hear that, because I often don't have the appropriate perspective to see it for myself. It felt like a pretty good day despite having to discipline Z several times and losing my temper once. Perhaps my expectations were a little low, but it just felt normal. Normal is good.

So, praise the Lord for a good week so far. And pray to God for continued endurance and patience for me. I sure do appreciate everyone's words of encouragement.

No comments: