Thursday, August 6, 2009

Phase 1: Stop Early Wake-Up - Report 2

Day 4: Harper didn't wake up until 6am! That's a good improvement. She kind of played and talked to herself for 15 minutes (also a good improvement) and then started to cry off and on. Her crying got loud and persistent at 6:25am, so I waited five more minutes and then got up and fed her. I didn't wait as long as the other days because I was just happy to see some improvement. I think my goal for now will be to get her to at least 6:30am consistently. Then I can slowly work on moving that to 7am. 6:30am is a heck of a lot better than 5am.

I'm just encouraged that there was some change. I didn't feed her until kind of late last night (around 10:30am), so that makes me wonder again if it's just hunger. Then I start to wonder if we're in a growth spurt. She is just about to hit the 6-month mark. I'm going to stick with it for now and see how we're doing in a week.

On another encouraging note, Z has slept through the night without waking up twice in a row. I made a really big deal of what a good job he did and gave him a Curious George sticker (his special reward for very good behavior). I've been emphasizing how important sleep is and that it makes him grow big and strong. (I also tell him that it makes Mama very happy.) I'm extremely thankful for this glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

O satisfy us in the morning with Your lovingkindness,
That we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.

Psalm 90:14

No comments: