Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Phase 1: Stop Early Wake-Up- Report 5

Oh boy, are you as sick of this as I am? This is going to be my last report on Phase 1.

Day 9: Harper woke up at 5:20am, cried until 6:45am and then fell asleep. I let her sleep until 7:30am and then got her up. Despite the very long session of crying off and on, I felt encouraged that she did fall asleep again. I think that shows progress that she was able to soothe herself back to a solid sleep.
Day 10: Harper woke up at 6:45am and cried pretty good. I held out for 7 minutes or so and then fed her. (Funny how I can go over an hour one day and then not make it even ten minutes another day. I think it was because she was SO close.)

As with a lot of things with kids and their development and training, there is a lot of two steps forward and one step back. I think we're making progress, but I don't think it's going to just be done. We'll probably struggle with this for a while longer and then I'll realize one day that I can't remember the last time she woke up early. I'm going to wait a few more days and then start with Phase 2. I'll be posting on a few other topics in the meantime to lighten things up a bit.

No comments: