Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day Six

Thursday
Drop-off and pick-up without tantrums! Yipee! I praised Z over and over again for being such a big boy and handling his disappointment. He said he wanted to stay and started to sit at the tables but I reminded him that he couldn't stay and that he told me he wasn't going to through a tantrum like the last time. Other kids were getting picked up too so I was able to point out that other kids were going home. And the teacher helped by saying he was a lucky boy who got to go home.

I'm already seeing what a great school this new one is going to be for us. I talked to his teacher and the director of the preschool at drop-off today and they were both very encouraging and supportive. I really feel like I'm going to have another resource for ideas in how to help Z. I'm so thankful!

So this is the long stretch between now and bedtime tonight. I have some shopping and a trip to the park (meeting friends) planned, so hopefully it goes by quickly and we have a good time.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has been praying for me. I really have felt God's strength in me this week. We are really looking forward to John coming home. Z keeps saying that he wants to go to Mexico. And yesterday he asked if Papa is coming home. Home stretch!

8:32pm. Both kids are in bed but neither are asleep. We skipped the shopping but went to the park. It didn't quite turn out like I thought (when will I learn) and I spent my time running after the kids rather than eating or talking to anyone. Oh well. We made it through another day. Just praying for a little more patience to make it through until Z falls asleep.

No comments: