Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day Two Flying Solo

Sunday
Made pancakes this morning, took a shower, got myself and the kids ready and made it to church on time. Wow! Church was great and then we just finished lunch at home. Nap time/Quiet Play Time then we'll go to my Mom's this evening. We're going to have a slumber party and then go to Adventureland tomorrow.

A bunch of people at church told me what a great wife I am that I let John go on a seven day trip. Although I do think I'm giving him a gift, what people don't know is what a huge gift he's been for me this past year. It has not been easy and I imagine John must have wondered many times who this woman was he was living with because she was pretty different from the one he married. And recently John has been so supportive and encouraging. We just changed churches recently to have a church family closer to our home. And God is really using it to challenge us and wake us up from the post-baby busy life stupor. It is really making a big difference in John, who is praying more and reading his Bible more. It really is an Awakening. And our family has already been extremely blessed by it.

So, yeah, I'm a pretty awesome wife to allow John to have a dream surf-trip. But John's a pretty awesome husband for loving me at my worst and helping me get to my best.

1 comment:

Sister said...

So glad to read this Dara! I hope you have an amazing, fun, happy week. I love you. Mrs. PJ