Friday, June 1, 2007

Adult Conversation

Do other Moms ever feel like they don't have much to talk about besides their kids? It's understandable, especially in the early months, when your life and mind is so consumed with this new little person. At that stage, you are focused on every cry, every diaper, every hiccup.
Now that Baby Z is 6 months old, I should definitely be moving beyond the baby-centered mindset a little, right? If I use my working days as a model, I should be talking about things besides the detailed in's and out's of my day - that email sent, the look on that person's face. Of course, my previous job was so esoteric, no one understood what I did anyway. And now, the job involves a cute little dude that everyone likes.
Still.

So, if you don't mind, I'm going to stream-of-conscious spew these weird little details of being a Mom on you all. Better you than the next friend who calls or stops by. :)

Baby's Z's scratching his face again can't seem to keep his nails cut tried oatmeal today for the first time it sure is goopy much harder to clean up than rice cereal and Baby Z is more interested in chewing on his plastic bib than eating the new goop Baby's Z's eyes are still blue green up until when can their eyes still change want to prove John's grandma wrong and tell her he really does have blue eyes Z's poop has been a little thicker than before I guess that is the cereal wonder what the sweet potato will do to it how the heck am I going to strain all those fibers out of the sweet potato have to read the book again about how to cook it at least I have the sweet potatoes now and not the stinking yams grrr Baby Z didn't wake up last night two nights in a row now feels good have succumbed to using the pacifier to get him through the mid-nap wake up in the afternoon why does he wake up crying like he has been imprisoned in a black barred cage oh wait he has hmm is he really thinking that nah gotta install those hooks for the blinds cords involves a screwdriver yuck maybe can get John to do it this weekend could really go for some chocolate bye

No comments: