Monday, June 25, 2007

Wedded Bliss

Having just celebrated my Best Friend's wedding, and because John and I will be celebrating 9 years of marriage this Wednesday, I thought I would spend some time reflecting on marriage.

I love going to weddings, because it makes me remember moments from mine and realize again what a joy and honor it is to be married. I think more about all the wonderful moments John and I have had over the last 9 years and I think less about wet towels in the laundry basket. If there is dancing at the wedding (which there most definitely was at the one this weekend!), then some fun and closeness on the dance floor also usually kicks up some sparks and I remember how staggeringly handsome my husband is.

This weekend, Baby Z was in the capable care of Auntie M, and it was so nice to just be a couple. I didn't have to think about how Baby Z was doing or when we would have to leave. It was fantastic. Then, the next day, after the busy weekend mostly away from Baby Z, I fell in love with my little dude all over again. I just wanted to cuddle him all day. So, I'm renewing John and my vow to get a night away without the dude sometime soon. I know it will be refreshing and beneficial for all of us.

In plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, in DINK-dom and parenthood, through newlywed fervor and lagging libido, in dancing and in damp, dirty laundry...

No comments: