Thursday, June 14, 2007

Most Disgusting Moment of Motherhood To Date

The title says it all. Poor Baby Z has a really bad diaper rash, which seemed to suddenly get worse in the last day somehow. I gave him a bath and was letting him hang out naked on a blanket to give his bottom some air time. I had pads down and cloth diapers around in case Baby Z decided to put on a water show. Instead, before I realized what was going on, he was crying because he had started to go poo. I just sat there and watched the little S curve (Oprah would be proud) come out. The good part, I guess, was it came right out onto the cloth diaper instead of getting rubbed all over his little bottom. I had a flash of what the "good old days" were like because I had to rinse the cloth diaper in the toilet and then pop it in the washing machine.
GROSS.
I guess I'm a real Mom now since I was more worried about the diaper rash hurting him than the poop everywhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It probably won't surprise you to hear that that story actually makes me MORE excited to be a mom someday.

Auntie Demery