Friday, June 22, 2007

XLS, My Baby Z

This weekend one of my very best friends is getting married! We have a whole weekend of fun activities planned with the bridal party and guests who are in from out of town. She has the most incredible group of women as her bridesmaids, so hanging out with all of them is so much fun. Needless to say, I'm PUMPED to get to participate in all of it and I've been diligently planning for how to handle Baby Z throughout the weekend.

I have a spreadsheet detailing the weekend activities, with a column for me, John and Baby Z. Everyone has notes on where they need to be when. Another column shows who will be babysitting- Grandma and Auntie M. Another spreadsheet gives a very detailed account of Baby Z's day, for John and the babysitters. How detailed? How about this:
" Turn off lights in bedroom except for nightlight (round ball light on shelf). To get the nightlight to stay one color, wait til it turns blue then hit the little button on bottom. Then carefully connect back to plug in/stand. If it jumps to the color red, then wait til it turns blue again and start over...."

So, really, only a moderate control freak new Mom would do this, right? Well, I mostly worry about the babysitters, not Baby Z. The last thing I want is for them to have a tough time just because I forgot to mention some little quirk. I know, Baby Z is not likely to lose it over a night light, but still, I have to be thorough.

So, I think I'm ready for the big weekend.
Except for the shoes that don't work with the dress. Oops. Some last minute shoe shopping is in order.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

The night light comment was actually the best one! I had to read it like 3 times to make sure I was doing it right. But it really paid off because as soon as it turned blue, Baby Z seemed to be a little more calm...of course, that could have been in my head. But it makes for a good story. :)