Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Mouthful

Baby Z is working on some molars. Man, it looks painful to see all that tooth pushing through. I like to think that some crabbiness lately could be due to those molars. That feels better than the alternative and probably more likely reason that he is just becoming a toddler. He is finding his own way and you are going to take him there, or else.

An upside to Baby Z's toddler-ness is a new ability to eat real food. I mentioned previously that I couldn't get him to eat fruit. Little bits of apple and pear practically made him shiver in disgust. And then, this weekend, we were at my in-law's and Obaachan gave him a big hunk of apple (about half an apple with the skin off). He chowed down on that chunk like he had never tasted anything so good. I am so pleased that his fruit reportoire has now doubled - bananas and apples - that I didn't even mind that it was his grandmother and not me who figured it out. It takes a village, right?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

surprised he would want to eat apples if he is getting molars--wouldn't that feel uncomfortable? whatever works i guess. :)

Anonymous said...

nawm nawm - the apple may actually feel good against his teeth.

And maybe the apples will be good for his poops, too!